Careers and Internships at American Sky
If you’re passionate about travel, dedicated to delivering excellent customer service and fancy working in a fun and relaxed environment, we’d love to have you on our team.
American Sky is part of Tropical Sky Ltd., a medium sized, family-owned tour operator, creating luxury tailor-made holidays for around 30,000 people a year. We’re experts in travel all over the globe, and we use our own knowledge and personal experiences to help customers craft a bespoke getaway.
You’ll find our colourful offices in East Grinstead, West Sussex as well as Dublin and Co. Kerry in Ireland. We even offer the opportunity to work remotely. We are proud to be part of the Tropical Sky family, and with our enthusiasm for travel and fun working ethos, all of our staff members are dedicated to the success of the company.
We are constantly creating new roles and expanding our teams, so for an exciting career opportunity or internship in the travel industry, contact us to share our passion in travel.
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Application close date: 16 December 2019
Start Date: Immediate
Reporting into the Programme Director, with responsibility of one defined geographical area and supporting the commercial performance and product management of all areas in general. The successful candidate on this region will be expected to provide strong sales support in training and support product team in all aspects of programme development.
Focus region: USA & Canada
Primary Role Requirements
- Support the Programme Director in new product development, including sourcing copy and images, and assisting with web presentation
- Maintain hotel & destination descriptions on all company websites within region, including hotel information, special offers and key messages
- Support the marketing team with provision product briefs, images, content and offers, assist with sign off and approval of marketing and web activity
- Provide Sales support with product and commercial queries
- Brief sales on key product offers and opportunities to drive sales on an ongoing basis
- Ensure loaded inventory and pricing is up to date across the region, and providing pricing support as needed
- Maintain and react to competitor analysis on all featured product
- Collate and distribute monthly stats reports
- Assist in resolution of any reservations, accounts or customer services issues
- Drive and support the delivery of agreed regional targets, working with colleagues to achieve company goals
- Support trading needs of all other geographical areas on an adhoc basis
- Support Product Manager in supplier discussions and communication as required
- Previous product and/ or commercial experience in a tour operator role
- Good product knowledge of North America
- Good communication skills
- Numerate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent understanding and application of English language both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing, approachable personality
- Ability to work in a busy and pressured environment
- Hardworking and able to learn quickly new procedures and business disciplines
- Flexible approach to team work as well as self-starter able to work on own
- Strong team ethic, providing assistance when colleagues absent
- Willingness to work flexible hours with evening and weekend/bank holiday shifts
To find out more about this exciting new opportunity please email your C.V. to [email protected]