Covid-19 Travel Advice for Customers. Click here
Seattle holidays - Vibrant, artistic and trendy
Visit the Emerald City and you’ll find more here than just verdant greenery and rainy skies. Seattle is a unique but vast city, with swathes of evergreen foliage, mountain backdrops and a selection of enticing neighbourhoods. This is a bookish location in the best possible sense – the locals here are educated, polite, successful and ambitious. And that makes for an industrious environment where local businesses are lauded and the hum of change is constant.
A city known for its cool lifestyle
Cosmopolitan with a grunge edge best describes this city – it’s polished but there’s still the resilient charm and grit that’s made it so popular over the years. Of course, as with many locations in the U.S, Seattle is something different to everyone. If you want elegance and sophistication, you head to Queen Anne; the edgier visitors will love Capitol Hill; the bohemian amongst you will feel more at home in Fremont. And that’s just nudging the surface of the many personalities that Seattle has.
Naturally, Seattle is a city of coffee drinkers – the first Starbucks opened up here all those years ago (and still trades), forging the way for countless cafes and coffee shops to carve out their own brand. But there’s more here than just morning beverages – that passion for eating and drinking is infused into each and every one of the neighbourhoods, meaning you don’t have to walk far to find something delicious (and usually locally sourced) to eat or drink.
Speak of Seattle and you can’t talk for long without mentioned the great arts scene. Of course, there’s the indie music scene, trudging along the same road paved by grunge bands of the ‘90s, but there’s also sculpture, museums and quirky architecture. Want nature? Head to one of the numerous gorgeous parks where you can escape city life temporarily in exchange for a little floral tranquillity.
Five reasons to visit Seattle
- Sports enthusiasts won’t be disappointed in this athletic city – baseball, soccer and hockey are all played with passion here, among others
- Seattle has some great shopping spots, whether you’re looking for seafood and artisan breads or books and clothing – Pike Place Market is one of the most famous attractions and well worth a visit
- There are some great opportunities for touring or alternative holidays here – why not take part in a rail adventure?
- Foodies will love the commitment to great dining here – the selection of micro-breweries, cute restaurants and gourmet fare is extensive and gives way to a real conundrum when it comes to deciding where to eat
- Team a few of your dream destinations together for the ultimate multi-centre getaway – a great way to see more of the U.S.