Covid-19 Travel Advice for Existing Customers. Click here
San Diego holidays - Easy-going, trend-setting and sun-drenched
Fantastic climate, beautiful beaches, a laid-back vibe – San Diego is one of California’s archetypal destinations. Despite not gaining the kind of popularity that its neighbours do, San Diego remains one of the best beach destinations in America. A city of surf, sun and beach culture, it’s a destination with something for everyone; from the family looking for a fun yet casual destination, to the couple looking for a romantic beach retreat.
Discover California's classic sun, sea and surf vibes
The urban metropolis of San Diego (with a dash of picturesque beach thrown in for good measure) caters to the kind of holiday you’ll reminisce about for years to come. Want sports? There’s surfing, cycling golf, tennis, boating, hiking…you name it, it’s going on somewhere within the city. Want to shop? San Diego is home to numerous boutiques, designer stores and bustling malls where you can spend hours exploring the offerings. And, of course, there’s the culture here – lively performances, fascinating museums and thought-provoking galleries are found in abundance here. San Diego is a city which morphs to be whatever you want it to be, and it plays every role extremely well.
So what of dining, nightlife and entertainment? Well, it has a great selection of these too. Being a coastal city means seafood-lovers will have plenty of choice – caught right off the dock, it’s as fresh as you can get and incredibly flavourful. Wine enthusiasts will be spoiled for choice with the vast list of superb wineries nearby, making great use of those sun-kissed, plump fruits. And the Gaslamp Quarter is the place to be for lively bars, nightclubs and friendly restaurants.
Five reasons to visit San Diego
- San Diego remains the epitome of Californian culture – all bronzed bodies, endless sunshine and a casual ambience that filters into every aspect of the city.
- The beaches are gorgeous, and the weather makes them all the better – take some well-deserved time to unwind and top up your tan.
- San Diego Zoo is world-famous and one visit will explain to you why – spend the day here as a family and enjoy the beautiful grounds and awe-inspiring wildlife.
- The distinct personality of the areas and neighbourhoods here make it a diverse place to explore; from chic Coronado to stunning La Jolla.
- Touring in San Diego is fantastic as the city is so close to California’s other amazing locations. Why not opt for a multi-centre holiday or take an escorted tour through the state?