Current Travel Advice for Customers.Click here
Rhode Island holidays - Leisurely, friendly and endearing
A beautiful State full of picturesque seaside towns, delectable seafood, vineyards and breweries, and the perfect terrain for cycling, fishing and hiking – Rhode Island is the perfect maritime oasis for relaxing and taking in the fresh air.
A wonderful state known for its laidback vibes, great food and outdoor activities
The state encompasses almost 40 settlements, ranging from the bustling colonial college town of its capital Providence, down to the smallest seaside villages. Having played a pioneering role in national life, the region boasts a rich and fascinating history, with mansions, museums and landmarks galore awaiting exploration. Newport is one of the finest cities in New England, a former hotspot for America’s first millionaires, and one not to miss. Tour extravagant historic homes, admire sparkling yachts and spectacular sunsets from the waterfront and explore neighbourhoods brimming with hip boutiques, bars and eateries.
Rhode Island encompasses no less than 400 miles of coastline, featuring some of the best beaches in the northeast, along with hidden coves, rugged cliffs and stunning scenic vistas all around. Hit the pristine white sands of South Country, work up an appetite along East Bay’s breath-taking coastal cycleway, or take in the serene beauty of Block Island.
Feeling hungry? This state is a real foodie enclave, offering an astounding diversity of culinary experiences. Splash out on a meal in fine dining surrounds courtesy of some of the country’s most talented chefs, or indulge in mouth-wateringly good food truck concoctions. Then wash it down with your favourite tipple – the region is home to sweeping vineyards, several renowned wineries and a burgeoning brewery scene.
Five reasons to visit Rhode Island
- History – Ranging from colonial towns and opulent mansions to picturesque churches and state-of-the-art museums
- Urban thrills - From trendy cities with vibrant arts and culinary scenes, to laidback seaside towns perfect for unwinding and enjoying the fresh air
- Natural beauty – Lush countryside, attractive beaches, rivers, islands, cliffs and much more. Enjoy it all from the state’s hiking trails, cycle networks and fishing spots
- Food – From Rhode Island style calamari and clam cakes, to doughboys and NY System hot wieners with all the toppings, the state boasts a distinctive food culture packed with local specialities
- Treat yourself – Tour a world-class winery, enjoy a round of golf, set out on a sailing trip, or enjoy a night out at a casino