Houston, TX has a huge array of attractions to suit families, couples and visitors of all ages. Building on its heritage as a command centre for Nasa’s space programme, holidays in Houston benefit from a range of attractions celebrating the city’s global importance.
Aside from its aeronautical heritage, Houston has a thriving theatre and fine arts scene, sporting culture and excellent family-focused tourist attractions.
Things to do in Houston
Space Centre Houston is the official visitors centre for Nasa’s Johnson Space Center and features an array of exhibits and memorabilia from the history of the US space programme. On-site tours include ‘Blast Off’, a multimedia sensory experience that simulates a shuttle launch, to the Nasa Tram Tour, which offers a behind-the-scenes tour of the historic mission control centre. Take a stroll through the historic Heights district, spend the day exploring the museums or visit the designer outlets on Washington Avenue.
When to go to Houston
In August, Houston enjoys summer high temperatures of 34.7°C, while in winter temperatures can fall to 6.2°C in January. The city also hosts a huge number of popular festivals throughout the year.
• Martin Luther King Jr Grande Parade, 14 January
• Mardi Gras! Galveston, 10 February
• The Houston International Festival draws large crowds each April
• The Bayou City Art Festival 23 March
• World Fest: Houston International Film Festival, 13 April
• Texas Crawfish & Music Festival, 20 April
• Houston Dragon Boat Festival, 5 May
• Free Press Summer Fest, 2 June
The Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria is an excellent 4* hotel in a perfect location for exploring
Planning a holiday to Houston in 2017/2018?
Planning a holiday to Houston in 2017 or 2018? American Sky has the experience to help you plan your perfect holiday. Call our Texas specialists today and make the most of your next holiday.
• Space Center Houston, part of Nasa’s Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center
• Downtown Aquarium
• Museum of Fine Arts
• Houston Zoo
• Museum of Natural Science
• Bayou Place
• Six Flags SplashTown water park
• The Sam Houston Race Park
• Houston Museum of Natural Science
• Kemah Boardwalk