Fly to New York City
Welcome to New York! Check into your hotel and then head out on your own for an afternoon of discovering New York City. Grab a slice of pizza or a hot dog from a street vendor, browse the high-end shops or just relax at your hotel. At 5:30 p.m. your holiday begins with a special Harbour Cruise Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travellers. Board a boat for an insider’s introduction to one of the world’s most captivating cities. Toast the beginning of an unforgettable trip during a relaxing voyage through the beautiful harbour with stunning views of the Statue of Liberty and Manhattan skyline. (WR)
Overnight: New York Marriott East Side
New York – Philadelphia – Washington DC (2 nights)
Take a bite out of the Big Apple. View the Statue of Liberty, the towering Empire State Building, pulsating Times Square and grand Central Park. Travel on to the City of Brotherly Love and visit the Liberty Bell Center. View Independence Hall, site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, before travelling on to Washington, D.C., the nation’s capital. This evening enjoy a dinner in the capital city. (FB D)
Overnight: Capital Hilton
Washington DC sightseeing & Free Time
Immerse yourself in the proud heritage of a nation today as you view the White House and the U.S. Capitol Building and visit the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II and Vietnam War memorials with a Local Guide. Visit Arlington National Cemetery and learn about the heroes at rest. Enjoy the remainder of the day on your own—perhaps visit one of the Smithsonian’s museums or galleries or take a stroll around Dupont Circle. (FB)
Overnight: Capital Hilton
Washington DC – Lancaster County – Amish Country
Roll back in time to explore the rural back roads of Pennsylvania’s Lancaster County with a guide. Learn about the traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same as they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Tonight, after a hearty dinner, practice preparing whoopie pies, a delicious Local Speciality, for your dessert. (FB D)
Overnight: The Inn at Leola Village
Lancaster County – Niagara Falls (2 nights)
Journey across Pennsylvania through the eastern corner of New York. Stop in at the Corning Museum of Glass, a Local Speciality. Displayed here are 35 centuries of glass ware, from ancient to contemporary creations. Learn about everything from the beautiful sculptures to the discoveries that move the ever-changing world of glass forward. Head into Canada to reach the pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow—the majestic Niagara Falls. (FB)
Overnight: Hilton Hotel & Suites Niagara Falls/Fallsview
Niagara Falls Sightseeing & Free Time
After soaking up the panoramic views and thunderous roar of the falls, set out on the Maid of the Mist for an exhilarating boat ride to the base of spectacular Horseshoe Falls. Look over your shoulder to catch a last glimpse of a rainbow before leaving this magical setting. Enjoy some free time today to explore Niagara Falls more on your own. This evening, visit a family-owned winery for an exclusive tour and tasting of their award-winning wines, including ice wine, a speciality to the region and a drink that can only be produced in a few other areas of the world. Later, relax with a Be My Guest dinner with bucolic views of the vineyard. (FB BG)
Niagara Falls – Toronto
Travel on to the picturesque community of Niagara-on-the-Lake before arriving on the shores of the Great Lake Ontario and cosmopolitan Toronto. (FB)
Hotel: Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (MD)
Toronto - Ottawa
Travel to Ottawa, Canada’s stately capital. Enjoy an introductory tour of the city, including the elegant buildings of Parliament Hill; Rideau Hall, the residence of the Governor General of Canada and the beautiful downtown galleries and museums. (FB)
Hotel: Sheraton Ottawa Hotel (MD)
Ottawa - Montreal
Today takes you from Canada’s administrative capital to the cultural heart of French Canada and the largest French-speaking city outside of France. This evening, enjoy a dinner at a restaurant in charming Old Montreal. (FB D) Hotel: Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel (SF)
Montreal – Quebec City (2 nights)
Your expert Local Guide introduces you to the pleasures of Montreal, including the spectacular Notre-Dame Basilica, the colourful port area and Place Jacques-Cartier, epicentre of the old city. Stop at Mount Royal for a panoramic view, and then wind your way along the beautiful St. Lawrence River to the fortified walls of Quebec City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (FB D)
Hotel: Hilton Quebec (MD)
Quebec City sightseeing & Free Time
Explore Quebec City’s winding streets and historic sites with your Local Guide. Learn about the city’s French and English military past at the fortified Citadel and the Plains of Abraham, the site of a major colonial battle. This afternoon, perhaps visit a gallery, take a carriage ride through the cobblestone streets or simply relax at a sidewalk cafe. (FB)
Quebec City – Franconia Notch – Boston (2 nights)
Leave the birthplace of French Canada and cross back into the United States. Traverse New Hampshire on your way to Franconia Notch in the heart of the White Mountains. As you make your way through forests of sugar maple and white birch, watch for the black bear, moose and deer that call this area home. Arrive in Boston and enjoy the evening on your own. (FB)
Hotel: Omni Parker House (SF)
Boston sightseeing & Free Time
Immerse yourself in Boston’s rich history, from the Old North Church to Boston Harbor, site of the famous Tea Party, and along the Freedom Trail. This afternoon, continue your exploration as you please—visit the bar that inspired the TV show Cheers or explore the lovely Public Gardens. If you like, take an optional tour of Harvard University, America’s oldest university. This evening, toast your holiday and your newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner. (FB FD)
Boston – Newport – Depart New York City
Once the summer home of the Vanderbilts, Astors and Carnegies, the “captains of industry,” the seaside town of Newport now offers history aficionados a wealth of stunning architectural landmarks. See the rows of mansions along Ocean Drive before returning to New York. A complimentary transfer is provided to New York JFK International Airport and the hotel in New York for those extending their stay. (FB)
Please do not schedule any flights before 7:00pm
Arrival back home.
- Return transatlantic flights
- New York City See the city’s main highlights on an orientation tour.
- Washington, D.C. Enjoy a tour highlighting the capital’s famous landmarks.
- Arlington Visit Arlington National Cemetery, where many of the nation’s heroes rest.
- Lancaster County Explore the Amish country.
- Niagara Falls View the falls on the Maid of the Mist; visit a local winery for a tour and wine tasting.
- Toronto Enjoy a panoramic city tour including the beautiful Harbourfront.
- Ottawa Explore Canada’s capital city and view its most recognized landmarks.
- Montreal Join a sightseeing tour of old and new Montreal.
- Quebec City Tour the walled city and Plains of Abraham.
- Boston Discover the city on a sightseeing tour along the Freedom Trail.
- Newport Visit this colonial seaport and view Ocean Drive’s famous mansions..
- 13 full breakfasts
- 7 evening meals: A Harbour Cruise Welcome Reception with light appetisers and drinks with your Travel Director in New York, 4 three-course dinners, Be My Guest dinner with wine in Niagara Falls, Farewell Dinner with wine in Boston
First Class Highlights
- 13 nights First Class hotel accommodation
- Touring by luxury air-conditioned motorcoach with reclining seats and onboard restroom.
- The services of a top professional Tour Director.
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 14
- Complimentary keepsake photo and My Journey book
- Audio Headsets For all guided visits and included sightseeing
- Be My Guest Relax with your host at a Niagara Falls winery for a delicious meal and idyllic view of the vineyard.
- Hidden Treasure Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure experience, unique to your itinerary, courtesy of your expert Travel Director.
- Local Guide For included sightseeing in Washington, D.C., Montreal and Quebec City.
- Local Speciality Try your hand at making the Amish speciality, whoopie pies, in Lancaster County. Visit the Corning Museum of Glass.